Cricket is better than Football Because it is a mental & physical game, don’t suffer as bad injuries, there are more rowdy supports in footy. Playing cricket in the field you always have to be thinking a lot compared to football.Cricket is a game of individual contests played by teams; football is a team game played by ego-maniacal individuals .
Reasons Why Cricket Is Better To Soccer are as follows:
1. Being a cricketer means shelving personal ambition for the sake of the team; being a footballer means loving yourself more than you could ever be loved by another.
2. Cricket is all about adding to your own tally – how many runs can you score, how may wickets can you take – but you are always fulfilling your role within a team. In football, anyone can score, anyone can make the mistake that loses the game, and yet everyone thinks that they are the greatest player ever to don boots and the only one who can win the match.
Why Cricket is better Than Football in India
1. Even the shortest version of cricket is twice as longer than any football match, thus providing entertainment for longer duration of time!
2. In football, for 90minutes you wait and wait for a goal which may or may not happen. But in cricket there is some action-a six, four, bowled, run out- on virtually every ball. Thus, providing more reasons to cheer!
3. Football provides just one time slot (ie half time) for advertisers, while in cricket there are atleast 40 time slots (in T20 format). And then, if its IPL you can have ads in between deliveries also. Thus, making it more commercially viable!
4. In football, for majority of the time you are shown just one camera angle. But in cricket, broadcasting is a challenge! You need cameras in every corner of the ground, you require technologies like hawk-eye, speedometer, snicko-meter, zoomer, hotspot. Thus making cricket more technologically advance!
5. A batsman wears a helmet with a grill, he wear protective padding, and is armed with a wooden club that can take a man’s head off. Some bowlers wear gold necklaces(Curtley Ambrose),some have holes in their shoes for their toes (Waqar Younis) Footballers, on the other hand, look like they are out for a little jog in the park. And while a footballer will call for a stretcher at the slightest scratch, a cricketer (Mohinder Amarnath) will spit out broken teeth, and even play with his arm if necessary.
6.The flip of the coin, the swing of the bat, the bowler’s bowl, the fielder’s catch the crowd cheer. Football-the crowd shouting, the tackles, the big hits, the injuries and commentators going off.
7. Talking about popularity, here is some stats- Total population of 32 nations participating in football: 1541millions. Population of just three cricket frantic nations (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh): 1572millions. Clearly, cricket is popular among more people!
8. The word “Football” is not even recognized worldwide (in USA, football means rugby!) while there no such confusion with cricket.
9. Football doesn’t enjoy the privilege of three different formats.
10. Nobody would disagree on this. Cricket is by far the gentlest of gentlemen’s game when compared with football.
11 Cricket stadiums look better: A circle is just more aesthetically pleasing than a rectangle as per artists
12 From wrist spin to finger spin, from traditional swing to reverse swing, cricket has so many finer points to appreciate. If watching football is like consuming a delicious burger at a fast-food joint, then enjoying cricket is like having a proper meal.
13.The Greatest Rivalry in sport:
Brazil vs. Argentina, Germany vs. England, Barcelona vs. Real Madrid, to name a few, are some of the best rivalries in sport. But, when it comes to the mother of all rivalries, nothing holds a candle to Pakistan vs India Cricket Match .
It’s my view on “Why Cricket is Better than football “ Hope some of you will like it !!
Read Also –